Full-time$18–$22 an hour16 hours ago
- Driving Licence
Full job description
Laborer/Driver (FT, Seasonal) Construction or Maintenance.
Help Build a Living Legacy. Alpha Better Landscaping is currently building in the following communities: Legacy, Wolf Willow, Seton, Cornerstone, Livingston, Carrington, Evanston, Rockland Park, Watermark, Haskayne (Bearspaw), Heartland (Cochrane) South shores, Waterford, Chelsea (Chestermere).
Laborers are responsible for the day-to-day duties of landscaping as directed by the Field Supervisor / Foreperson. This is a seasonal position from April to Nov, winter snow removal positions may be available.
- Digging holes, planting and staking trees / shrubs in residential communities, parks, boulevards, and public areas according to specifications.
- Prepping top soil for loam and sod installation
- Mulching flowerbeds and trees
- Laying patio pavers
- Installing rain gardens and dry creek beds
- Installing rubber crumb for playgrounds,
- Installation of playground equipment, pergola’s, site furniture (picnic tables, benches, etc)
- Installing rock retaining walls for ponds
- Potential to be trained as a Skid Steer Operator.
- Weeding, pruning, and trimming trees and plants.
- Cutting and raking grass.
- Removing litter and garbage.
- Lay sod or seed lawns.
- Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Apply fertilizers, water lawns, and water gardens.
- Clear snow manually or use snow removal equipment.
- Use, repair, and maintain applicable equipment.
- Ability to push, pull and lift the weight of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate with Foreman and other crew members.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Physical dexterity to handle prolonged sitting, standing, kneeling, or walking.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to follow directions.
- Reliable, punctual, and a team player.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- MUST Possess a CLEAN driver abstract with a minimum of 2 years driving experience. (Ability to drive a truck with a trailer, is considered an asset.)
- Must be able and willing to work 8 – 12 hour days Monday to Saturday.
- Must have steel-toed boots (8″ ankle support).
- We offer competitive wages as well as overtime after 8 hours per day and 44 hours per week.
- We additionally sponsor high potential employees wanting to pursue a long-term landscaping career through training and apprenticeship programs.
“We recruit, hire, employ, train, promote, and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications and abilities. Alpha Better Landscaping also has a longstanding policy of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual and is free from all forms of employment discrimination, including harassment, because of race, color, sex, gender, age, religion or religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LMIA Applicants accepted.
About Alpha Better Landscaping:
Our mission and core purpose is, “Building a Living Legacy.” Divisions of the Alpha Better Team The Alpha Better Group of Companies is comprised of four different divisions, each of them representing a different aspect of the landscaping industry. Divisions: Alpha Better Landscaping, Delta Landscaping, Wheatland Trees and Homescapes. Alpha Better Landscaping Inc. This is the larges division in our group. ABL specializes in commercial landscaping construction in the developer and general contractor market. We help to create the neighbourhoods around the new homes that are being built in such new areas like Auburn Bay, Legacy, and Skyview. We also work in surrounding areas of Calgary like Mountainview in Okotoks, Heartland in Cochrane and Hillcrest and Reunion in Airdrie. We are also very proud to complete such high profile jobs like the Alberta Children’s Hospital and Central Memorial Park.